Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I had a check to the IS get rejected today but I also recieved

I had a check to the IS get rejected today but I also recieved a direct deposit that would clear the funds. Will the check be resubmitted by the IRS for clearing. I spoke with my bank and they said it will. I bank with chase.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

It is up to your bank whether the check will be resubmitted for payment.

MyVirtualCPA :

So, if you spoke with your bank and they said that the check will be resubmitted I would rest assured that it is the case

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

I guess I'm a little confused they said they sent it back yesterday so if it was sent back how can they resubmitt it it for payment

MyVirtualCPA :

It all goes through electronically

MyVirtualCPA :

However, if the check does not clear in 10 business days, I would stop payment on the check and issue a new payment

Customer:

oh okay thanks

Experience: Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
It is not up to your bank. It is up to the clearing house for the IRS to resubmit your check for payment, and there is no guarantee that it will. Please see the following from the IRS website: http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc206.html