How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3368
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If the following is purchasing a business name who become the

This answer was rated:

If the following is purchasing a business name who become the owner/which ABN will the new business name display

XYZ Pty Limited as trustee for the ABC Family Trust

Welcome and thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you with your tax question.


The new business name would display the ABN of XYZ Pty Limited.


The following is a link to information you may find useful regarding ABNs.


Please let me know if you need additional information or clarification. Thank you and best regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you,

Would the XYZ company need to be registered for GST?

Hi, Elsie.


I believe the XYZ company would need to be registered for GST (VAT).


Thank you and best regards,


Barbara and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you