Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

purchased private jet hours... 14 hours left... Company has

purchased private jet hours......
purchased private jet hours... 14 hours left... Company has temp suspended
service. If they go broke do I have any deductions for my loss?
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/3/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

Were the hours purchased for personal or business purposes?

Customer:

personal

Customer:

business and personal so far only personal use

MyVirtualCPA :

I am truly sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but personal losses are not deductible. You would not get to deduct the cost of those hours

MyVirtualCPA :

And, you could only deduct the cost of the hours that you used for business purposes

Customer:

got it..

MyVirtualCPA :

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today

Customer:

Whats the best way to evaluate 2013 new tax impact... can we go line for line with my 2012 return?

MyVirtualCPA :

I am sorry but we give only general information, we do not process individual tax returns

Customer:

Excellent

MyVirtualCPA :

I'm sorry ... is there anything else I can assist you with today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If you are finished with this chat, please use the rating feature along the bottom of your screen to select "excellent service"

MyVirtualCPA :

Do you have further questions?