Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What is the VAT number for the state of Texas?

Customer Question
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Tax
7/3/2013
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 4 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
Texas does not have a VAT number. The state of Texas has sales tax but no states in America have VAT.
The Texas state sales and use tax rate is 6.25%, but local taxing jurisdictions (cities, counties, special purpose districts, and transit authorities) may also impose sales and use tax up to 2% for a total maximum combined rate of 8.25%.

Robin D :

If you need to know something specific about Texas sales tax please let me know but the state does not have any VAT as that is not a tax in the US.

Robin D :

Clicking on a positive rating lets Just Answer know that you have been assisted.

JACUSTOMER-rdm23y61- Last Viewed on 7/3/2013 at 1:26 PM

I am not sure if you were able to view the posted response to your question. Please post a response or a follow up question asking for clarification.

If you did post anything back to me it is not shown so please repost and I will respond.
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4