How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15203
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2 member partnership llc - partnership was formed in md but

This answer was rated:

2 member partnership llc - partnership was formed in md but does not have any active business in md. It's source of income is in state of pa. My partner sent me a k-1 for md and pa for 2012 that has the same amt as source of income for both states,  is that correct? I am a non resident of either state. I live in NY. For MD k-1 non resident tax was paid by pte

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
As the partnership is registered in Maryland the K1 for Maryland is correct. PA would require a K1 to all partners as well because the partnership is conducting business in PA.
Nonresidents must report net profit (loss) from business or farm operations in PA.

Nonresident Partners and Shareholders of PA S Corporations

Report your share of partnership or PA S corporation income (loss), whether distributed or not, in the same PA income class in which the partnership or PA S corporation realized the income (loss). Enclose a copy of each PA Schedule NRK-1 you receive.

Robin D :

Ny should allow the credit for taxes paid in foreign states on the same income you will report for your NY return.

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you