How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has agreed to pay me $70,000 as equilization payment

This answer was rated:

My husband has agreed to pay me $70,000 as equilization payment for re-imbursements my family incurred for marriage and couple of other stocks purchased during marriage and 401K plan etc. We decided instead of diving these things, I will receive cash for it. Will this be taxable to me?
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

Transfers incident to divorce are considered to be property settlements and are not taxable events.
MequonCPA and 5 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you