How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29570
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am the sole shareholder of a delaware corporation that has

This answer was rated:

i am the sole shareholder of a delaware corporation that has no activity at all in the USA and i have decided to create a branch with the same name in portugal were i have a permanent establishement and are paying my taxes Do i need to declare for tax purposes as well in usa in income of the portuguese branch in usa or am i exempt to avoid double taxation ?


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
Because that is a corporation registered in the US - it is required to file a federal annual tax return regardless of not having any activity. You need to file the form 1120 U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return.
All worldwide income is reported - included income from a foreign subsidiary. If the same income is subject of income tax in a foreign country - the corporation may claim a credit for foreign taxes - thus - effectively will avoid double taxation.


See for reference‎‎

Lev and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions