How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15609
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2011 I filed my s corp taxes but no personal taxes as I

This answer was rated:

In 2011 I filed my s corp taxes but no personal taxes as I paid everything oug of the buisiness. What form do I need to file with irs

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
The S corp passes all through to the shareholders so you would need to file a 1040 form and report the information that was generated from the K1 you should have received.

Robin D :

The IRS has a very good page that shows the possible forms needed by the S corp and the shareholder(s).

Robin D :

I can give you a link to that page if you would like.

Robin D :

Generally, California law follows federal law in computing the S corporation's income. However, the major difference is that for California purposes, an S corporation's income is taxable at the corporate level and the pass-through of its income to the shareholders is also taxable on their returns.

Robin D :

Please respond and let me know if you would like the link.

Robin D. and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please send the link. I am 100 percent stock holder.


You will note that the first box on the IRS page is for the S corp and the second is for the individual.

Thank you in advance for a positive rating. I really enjoyed working with you – please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like the link and there is no shareholders, I am 100% owner/shareholder.