Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

When completing Form 1120S schedule L balance sheet, should

line 10a (Buildings and other...
When completing Form 1120S schedule L balance sheet, should line 10a (Buildings and other depreciable assets) include section 179 property with the same amount being included on line 10b as accumulated depreciation or should section 179 property be excluded entirely on schedule L?
6/21/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

How are you today?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for requesting me directly.

MyVirtualCPA :

You should include the Section 179 as assets, and then count as accumulated depreciation the section 179 depreciation you took

Customer:

Thank you

MyVirtualCPA :

You're welcoem

MyVirtualCPA :

is there anything else I can asssist you with today?

MyVirtualCPA :

If not, please rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today