How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello - I need to amend a 2009 return to include 1099 income.

This answer was rated:

Hello - I need to amend a 2009 return to include 1099 income. However, I can't locate the 1099. Do I need that information or can I just report it?
Thank you for your question, and thanks for using
Welcome back! IF you know the amount of the 1099, you do not have to have the actual form in order to file your taxes. If you do not know how much the 1099 was for, you can order a wage and income transcript from the IRS by filling out form 4506-T and selecting option 8.
Please let me know if you need anything, and feel free to continue requesting me directly for all of your tax needs. Thanks again for being a valued customer.
Megan C and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you