Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I currently have an active installment agreement. How long

does it take for the...
I currently have an active installment agreement. How long does it take for the IRS to default the agreement? Will it be 6-8 week?
6/17/2013
USTaxAdvising
You will be notified in writing if the agreement is in default and if the IRS will default the agreement. You will be given thirty days notice to allow you to comply with the terms of the agreement.
"When a taxpayer does not meet the terms of an installment agreement, she or he will be notified in writing and given 30 days to comply with the terms of the agreement before the agreement is terminated."
http://www.irs.gov/irm/part5/irm_05-014-011.html
Best regards
Thank you for help. I filed by 2011 tax return a week ago and am on installment agreement for 2009 and 2010. So to confirm, I will for sure have 30 day from the time the installment agreement defaults to be reinstate it? I just received my most recent installment agreement notice, so it has not yet defaulted.
Based on the link above I believe you have 30 days. This is based on the internal revenue manual for service agents so I believe you have statutory authority here.
USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising, CPA