How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3822
Experience:  20+ years of experience in tax preparation; 30+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I call the IRS to see if I can change the payment amount?

This answer was rated:

Can I call the IRS to see if I can change the payment amount? Meaning reduce thr amount and pay the 2011 balance in 120 days?
Welcome and thank you for allowing me to assist you with your tax question. The answer to your question is yes. You most certainly can contact the IRS by telephone and request a payment amount change. You will simply explain your circumstances in detail to the IRS representative, and your agreement with them will be changed.
Thank you and best regards.
Barbara and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you