How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CGCPA Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3820
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
Type Your Tax Question Here...
CGCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im a small business owner. I just started jan 1 2013 i have

This answer was rated:

I'm a small business owner. I just started jan 1 2013 i have a independent contractor that needs proof of income for child support. what do i need to give him to show proof of income.

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

His proof of income need can be satisfied by a letter from your business (on business stationery) stating the amount he has been paid and the services he has provided. No W-2 form can be issued to an independent contractor and 1099 forms are only issued once a year. Here is a sample to help you:


To whom it may concern:

I am XXX, the owner of this business. I have been requested to provide a proof of income statement for XXX who has provided independent contractor services for this business. The following is a list of payments made to him since his services began on XXX this year:

Date Our check number Payment amount

We appreciate the services of XXX and expect his serving the business as an independent contractor to continue.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Very truly yours,

(Sign here)

CGCPA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you