How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15326
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i get copies of state and federal returns for 2010

This answer was rated:

How can i get copies of state and federal returns for 2010 2011 and 2012?

Robin D : Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
Robin D : You can get your federal copies directly from the IRS. You will need form 4506
Robin D : Most taxpayers will ask for a copy of their prior year tax return. In many cases, however, a transcript will provide the information they need more quickly. Transcripts provide taxpayers with a computer-created record of their tax return which includes most of the line-items as filed with the IRS, including any accompanying forms and schedules. The transcript does not reflect any changes the taxpayer, his/her representative, or the IRS made after the return was filed.To download Form 4506 (Request for Copy of Tax Return) or Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Return), refer to this page.If you were impacted by a federally declared disaster, you may request a transcript by phone at 1-866-562-5227 (Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday-Friday, your local time - except Alaska and Hawaii which are Pacific time.) You will still need to submit Form 4506 for an actual copy of a return. Send your request to the office indicated on Form 4506. You may fax or mail your request. Write the word “Disaster” on the top of Form 4506 and your request will be expedited at no charge.
Robin D : Here is the IRS page that covers the above procedure:
Robin D : You will need to copy and paste the url above because my formatting is off today (sorry) and I cannot give a link.
Robin D : You can call New Mexico Department of Revenue
Robin D : Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>
Robin D : The request can be made on the phone.
Robin D : Your positive rating of my assistance is thanks enough but please let me know if you need more information.
Robin D. and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you