Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have been overcharged for my real estate taxes for the past

seven years. My taxes...
I have been overcharged for my real estate taxes for the past seven years. My taxes were based on 3100 sf when in fact I have only 2270 sf. Can I get any of the overpaid amount refunded
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/8/2013
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Hi

Thank you for using justanswer. Yes, you may appeal your property taxes by contacting your local assessor's office and telling them about the error. Depending on where you live in PA , some of the counties list their procedures for appeals. I will link you to them below:

Appeals FAQ's - Delaware County PA

Board of Assessment Appeals: Montgomery County, PA - Official ...

If you don't live in one of the county's above, then you may want to start here:

how to appeal property taxes

how to appeal property tax assessment

As to whether or not you can re coop your over payments for any of the previous years will depend on their rules and bylaws.

I went through this in MI.......only got back 3 years.....but that was better than nothing.

I truly wish you the best of luck,

I truly hope this information is helpful but please do not rate until you are satisfied. If you want to click on 1 or 2 just click on the continue to work with me button instead. You will then be able to add any other info or respond to what I have posted so far. Rating 3-5 gives me credit and a good rating but you can still converse with me.

Board of Assessment - Bucks County

Property Assessments - Property Appeal Forms - Allegheny County

how to appeal property taxes in cook county

Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Thank you very much for the accept, and your very generous bonus!

Please feel free to ask for me by name if I can help you in the future!
Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer