How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My fiance hasnt filed taxes in years and is now afraid that

This answer was rated:

My fiance hasnt filed taxes in years and is now afraid that he owes his life to the IRS, what should/ or can he do?

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

The first thing your fiance should do is hire an accountant to file any late tax returns. It's quite possible that no tax is due, and for the last three years he could even get a refund

MyVirtualCPA :

Once you file the necessary years, then he would make payment arrangements with the IRS for any balance due and pay it in monthly installments

MyVirtualCPA :

The important thing to not do is not hide. Be honest and forthcoming and everything will be okay


Thank You sooooo much, This is what I needed to get him on the right track.

MyVirtualCPA :

You're welcome. Please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.

Megan C and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you