Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My fiance hasnt filed taxes in years and is now afraid that

he owes his life to...
My fiance hasnt filed taxes in years and is now afraid that he owes his life to the IRS, what should/ or can he do?
6/5/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

The first thing your fiance should do is hire an accountant to file any late tax returns. It's quite possible that no tax is due, and for the last three years he could even get a refund

MyVirtualCPA :

Once you file the necessary years, then he would make payment arrangements with the IRS for any balance due and pay it in monthly installments

MyVirtualCPA :

The important thing to not do is not hide. Be honest and forthcoming and everything will be okay

Customer:

Thank You sooooo much, This is what I needed to get him on the right track.

MyVirtualCPA :

You're welcome. Please take a moment to rate my response as "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today.