How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29654
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yes I am thinking of investing with the company pure income

This answer was rated:

Yes I am thinking of investing with the company pure income and on their site they say that they are exempted from paying taxes in the u.s. because they are off shore but as a u.s. citizen i know that i am required to pay i just need to know how do i go about filing my earnings

LEV : Hi and welcome to Just Answer! You are correct - as an US citizen you are required to report all your worldwide income. How to report depends on what type of income you will have.
LEV : This - if that is interest payments - you will report that income on form1040 line 8a.
LEV : If you will be paid dividends - you will report that amount on line 9.
LEV : If you will not able to classify the type of income - then you will report your income on line 21 as other income.
Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you