Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

A professional hockey with a w2, does he claim expenses on

schedule A or does he...
A professional hockey with a w2, does he claim expenses on schedule A or does he use schedule C?
6/1/2013
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome and thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you with your tax question. If he receives a W2, the unreimbursed expenses would go on Line 21 of Schedule A. Please note that these expenses must be more than 2% of his AGI (line 38 of the 1040) in order to be deductible.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification. Thank you.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Just a short note to thank you for the positive rating of my answer. As I mentioned, if you need additional information on this question, or have any questions in the future, please put "for bkb1956" in the subject line, and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards.

Thanks for the answer. Do I need to itemize the expenses on separate schedule?

You would utilize Form 2106 or 2106EZ. I'll forward both forms in a minute.

Here's Form 2106 http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2106.pdf

Here's Form 2106EZ http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2106ez.pdf The criteria for using this form is right at the top of the form.

I have also included instructions for Form 2106. http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i2106.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks for your help

My pleasure.
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent