Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

1- FOR A SMALL LAW FIRM WHITCH ENTITY IS BETTER S CORPORATION

OR LLP. WHAT ARE THEIR BENEFIT...
1- FOR A SMALL LAW FIRM WHITCH ENTITY IS BETTER S CORPORATION OR LLP.
WHAT ARE THEIR BENEFIT
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/22/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

MyVirtualCPA : Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.
MyVirtualCPA : From strictly a tax standpoint, the S corporation is a better choice, because you will pay yourself a salary and won't owe self employment taxes on 100% of your profit
MyVirtualCPA : With the LLP, your entire profit is subject to self-employment taxes
MyVirtualCPA : That's the biggest benefit of the S corporation
Customer: thanks