Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

C Corporation has $90 Million net operating loss carryforward

from years 1998 through 2011...
C Corporation has $90 Million net operating loss carryforward from years 1998 through 2011.

The corporation is subject to annual section 382 limitation. The change in ownership occured at the end of 2011

The annual section 382 limitation is calculated to be $49,700. ($1.4M value of loss corporation immediately before ownership change X federal long term tax-exempt rate of 3.55%)

In regard to reporting net operating loss carryforward for line 29a of Form 1120, should the prior years individual NOLs be adjusted to $49,700 each?
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/22/2013
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

Only the allowed loss ($49,700) is reported on Form 1120, Line 29a. In addition, a statement must be attached to the return showing the full NOL carryover and the calculation of the allowed amount. See Form 1120 instructions, page 14. Link below.

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1120.pdf
MequonCPA
MequonCPA
MequonCPA