Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I had an offer to buy a house in North Carolina through an

LLC in 2 weeks....
I had an offer to buy a house in North Carolina through an LLC in 2 weeks. I didn't file my forms or pay my $100 tax fee last year. How do I bring my LLC current before the closing?
5/21/2013
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

LEV : Hi and welcome to Just Answer!If you LLC was not current and was subject of Administrative Dissolution - you need to file an application (along with $100 fee) - using form L-08 - Application for Reinstatement following Administrative Dissolution - you will find the form here - https://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations/Forms.aspx?PItemId=5429715&Type=LimitedLiability%20Company
LEV : Considering the time limit - you might want to use the expedited filing but should consider additional fees - see here - https://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations/feeexp.aspx
Customer: The ground or grounds for administrative dissolution of the applicant limited liability company as stated in its Certificate ofDissolution was or were:_______________________________________________________________________________________________4. Complete either (a) or (b) as appropriate:(a) The grounds stated above for the administrative dissolution of the applicant limited liability company did notexist. (Insert brief explanation.)___________________________________________________________________________________________________(b) The grounds stated above for the administrative dissolution of the applicant limited liability company have beeneliminated. (Insert brief explanation.)___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Customer: I was not sure how to complete this section...so far I have : Queen City Property Group, LLC did not pay annual $100 filing fee in 2012.
Customer: Is that sufficient?
LEV : Generally - you should receive a Notice of Grounds for Administrative Dissolution or Revocation of Authority for failure to file an annual report - you may follow this address to file your annual report - http://www.secretary.state.nc.us/corporations/arentry.aspx
LEV : The ground for administrative dissolution is based on this statute - http://law.onecle.com/north-carolina/57c-north-carolina-limited-liability-company-act/57c-6-03.html
LEV : If you are not sure - you may communicate with the Department of the Secretary of State via [email protected]
LEV : Please be sure that all tax schedules and all tax is paid. If the LLC fails to file any report or return or to pay any tax or fee required by the tax laws for 90 days after it is due." It further requires the Secretary of State to "suspend the articles of incorporation, articles of organization, or certificate of authority, as appropriate, of the corporation or limited liability company." If that is the reason - you may contact the NC Department of Revenue at 1-877-919-1819 extension 10093 for further information.
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor