How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillip B, EA Your Own Question
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 704
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Phillip B, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can i amend my 2009 1040 tax return and ask for a refund?

This answer was rated:

can i amend my 2009 1040 tax return and ask for a refund?
Thanks for using!

Not unless you extended your 2009 return. If the return was not extended, the three year statute of limitations for claiming a refund would have expired on 4/15/13.

Conversely, if the return was extended you can claim a refund on an amended return until October 15 of this year.

If there are additional questions, please reply to my answer so that I may assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent so that I may be credited for my work. Thanks for your business.
Phillip B, EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you