Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

can i amend my 2009 1040 tax return and ask for a refund?

5/17/2013
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Not unless you extended your 2009 return. If the return was not extended, the three year statute of limitations for claiming a refund would have expired on 4/15/13.

Conversely, if the return was extended you can claim a refund on an amended return until October 15 of this year.

If there are additional questions, please reply to my answer so that I may assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent so that I may be credited for my work. Thanks for your business.
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent