How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55294
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owe 1700.00 to pay my fed income tax. I filed but havent

This answer was rated:

I owe 1700.00 to pay my fed income tax. I filed but haven't sent check yet as I won't have the full amount for another 2 weeks. What should I do
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. It's not a problem. Send in your return if you haven't already without the money. Then, given the amount you owe, you can do one of two things: i) if you will have the money in a couple of weeks, either call the IRS and ask for an extension and they will give you up to 60-90 days to pay it in full (and then pay it when you have it) or wait until you actually get a letter from the IRS indicating you owe taxes, which probably won't be for a month or so after you filed your return and pay it by returning a check for the tax owed in the envelope provided by the IRS; or ii) you need to pay it in installments, you can go on-line at the IRS website and work out an installment agreement.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Richard and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!