Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

IRS does not provide any information on Form 5472, Part VI,

question 3 & 4. Question...
IRS does not provide any information on Form 5472, Part VI, question 3 & 4. Question 3 asks that during the tax year, was the foreign parent corporation a participant in any cost sharing arrangement? How should I answer this question? what is a participant in any cost sharing arrangement? thanks
5/4/2013
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

Anne :

Hi

Anne :

A cost sharing arrangement is basically 2 entities sharing the cost of developing an intangible property

Anne :

its fairly rare, but you can read about it here:

Anne :

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Checklist-for-Cost-Sharing-Arrangements

Anne :

If you have any doubts as to whether or not the the parent company has any CSA

Anne :

CSA's, I would ask.......they may have to get in touch with the parent company to find out if they have any, but as I said, at least in my experience (26 years) I've only had one.........and they sent along paperwork acknowledging that they had one.

Anne :

Question 4 would of course only be relevant if you answered yes to #3

Anne :

I hope this helps you

Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Thank you for the accept and the positive feedback.

Please let me know if I can help you in the future.
Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer