How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I invested in a company but I dont work there. Can I file

Customer Question

I invested in a company but I don't work there.
Can I file a K1 form?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

A K-1 form is used to report a partner's share of income on form 1065 or to report the distribution of income from a trust from form 1041

MyVirtualCPA :

Schedule K-1 is not something you will prepare unless you are a part owner of a business. It will be prepared so that you can claim your portion of income and expenses on your tax return

Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Hello Abdou

I realized that you could not view our chat session. I hope you have the transcript. If not, let me know and I can send it to you. If I have answered your question, please rate my response "excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Otherwise, reply below to continue our conversation.