Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I got irs problem tax due for year 2007 2008 2009 is

I got irs problem...
I got irs problem tax due for year 2007 2008 2009 is it to late to send the form S S 8 [form to go again my employer ] my case is open with irs since 2010
5/3/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

MyVirtualCPA :

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

MyVirtualCPA :

It is not too late to fill out form SS-8 if you think you should be classified as an employee

MyVirtualCPA :

However, you cannot get a refund on taxes except for three years after you file them

Customer:

I don,t want a refund I want the employer to pay what I own

MyVirtualCPA :

Yes, so long as the statute has not ran on the returns, then you can issue the form

Customer:

you mean if they prove that I should been treat as a employee they will have to pay what I own

MyVirtualCPA :

No they will owe payroll taxes. Not your entire amount due

Customer:

ok thank

MyVirtualCPA :

You're welcome

what did you mean by so long as the statute has not ran on the return sry I,m french

Andre

The statute of limitations...it's the amount of time the IRS has to audit/assess additional tax. Thanks