Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I want to donate some money to my daughter, will she pay taxes

on this...
I want to donate some money to my daughter, will she pay taxes on this
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2013
Richard, Tax Attorney
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. I'm a bit confused. Are you in Brazil or are you in Connecticut. Where is your daughter? Thanks.

I am in Brazil, the money is on a bank account in the US under my name and my daughter lives in connecticut

Thanks for following up. Recipients of gifts in the U.S. are not subject to any gift tax. And, since it is a gift, rather than income, it is not taxed as income either. Thus, botXXXXX XXXXXne, she will owe no tax on your gift.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Richard, Tax Attorney
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help!
Richard, Tax Attorney