Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

On Massachusetts Amendment Form CA-6 Line 4 they ask are you

Customer Question
amending because of a Federal...
On Massachusetts Amendment Form CA-6 Line 4 they ask are you amending because of a Federal Change- because I amended my Federal Taxes as well should I select this option? I am very unclear on the wording or definition. My original filing I forgot to add my education expenses so my Federal return is changing quite a bit in the refund category. The state side I owed money- now I am showing a refund. I don't want to screw this up!
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/24/2013
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 4 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

NPVAdvisor :

Hi

NPVAdvisor :

Yes, most definitely

NPVAdvisor :

You are amending your federal return to add the expenses, so that would be a yes answer here

NPVAdvisor :

You'll want them to reconcile

Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Thanks much Peter.

To ask for me again, just go here: NPVAdvisor

And enter your question in the question box

Thanks again,

Lane

Thank you for your help! When Line 5 states "Are you filing for a reduction in sales, meals, room occupancy or withholding tax(es) and have not witheld or collected the tax" I suppose that would be a yes?

Peter,

I'm honestly not so sure here.

I don't think that adding education expenses would satisfy the statement ...

" ... reduction in sales, meals, room occupancy or withholding tax(es) and have not withheld or collected the tax"

Maybe you could help me understand why you think the answer would be yes>

I would think that here you increasing an expense, rather than the above.

Lane
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS