Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

URGENT!!!!!! My name isXXXXXXXXXX

URGENT!!!!!! My name isXXXXX XXXXX...

URGENT!!!!!! My name isXXXXX XXXXX, NC 28590. I submitted my NC Federal Tax Return for 2012 and NC State Tax Return on April 15, 2013. I got an error/rejected message back the next day. I did not get the message until today, April 20, 2013. Today is the last day I have to refile these without them being late. I have tried to go back in and correct the errors but to no evail. Neither the Federal nor the state will accept my tax returns. The error message was about my pin number. I called the IRS telephone number that night. I was told I did not need a pin number to submit my tax returns. Both keep getting rejected. Please I need help as soon as possible. My email address [email protected] Please check this for me and respond. Many thanks.

4/20/2013
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

bkb1956 :

I will try to assist you with this issue.

bkb1956 :

Were you issued a pin number by the IRS to file your federal tax return? In other words, did you receive notification that you were not file file with your social security number?

bkb1956 :

I see that you are now offline. If you require assistance with this problem, please let me know. Thank you.

JACUSTOMER-6j2pt1gz- :

No when I got through with the Turbo Tax premier I was told I was to use a pin number in order to submit my returns on line. Well I called the IRS federal tax phone number and submitted all my information such as name SS#, number on address, date of birth etc. At the end of the phone call, I was told to enter 0 where the pin number was to be listed and that I did not need a pin number to complete the on-line filing of my returns.

JACUSTOMER-6j2pt1gz- :

Today I went in and did the correct the errors again. I keep getting the same error message saying my returns were rejected. The pin number is XXXXX 5 digit number. But Turbo Tax the returns were sent on line. So I assume they were transmitted on line. When I went back in just to check, I still see the same error message and to get the assistance from Turbo Tax.

JACUSTOMER-6j2pt1gz- :

I am still waiting and bkb1956 has not responded back to me. I don't feel I should pay the $38 for a question and assistance not rendered. Shows expert is offline.

JACUSTOMER-6j2pt1gz- :

bkb1956 Are trying to secure a solution to my problem or are you not coming back?

JACUSTOMER-6j2pt1gz- :

It has now been over 1 hour since I started 3:16 p.m. It is not 4:37 p.m. Do you still need more time to correspond back to me with the correct solution?

At my end, it looked as though you were offline. I was not able to review your responses until now. Give me a moment to read what you responded, and I will attempt to assist you.

If you do not have notification from the IRS to use a pin number to file your tax return, the issue is with TurboTax. Did TurboTax give you the code/reason why your returns were rejected? Let me know so I can assist you further.

Please let me know if you can view my responses sent at 4:26 and 4:30.

yes I did view them. My problem has not been solved. Can you help me?

I'm trying. What was the code/reason TurboTax gave you for rejecting your returns?

I don't remember the code but it was because of the incorrect pin number. I had used zero as told to me by the IRS operator instead of my 2011 AGI income amount. I tried to put in that amt. today as well as using zero two other times but am still getting emails that the IRS and NC State rejected my returns.

It would seem this is an issue with TurboTax. I will opt out of this question, and perhaps another expert who is more familiar with TurboTax can assist you from here. I apologize for the delay with each of us not being able to view the other's responses. Please do not respond to me as this will delay you receiving a response in a timely manner.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Iused Turbo Tax On Line April 15, 2013. When I completed the Federal Return and information had been transferred to complete the State Return, I was told to use a IRS Pin Number to submit online to the agencies. When I called the IRS phone number to get a pin number and had submitted the information asked for to get a pin number, the response was that I did not need a pin number but to put zero in the block in blue to finish up the tax return process and to be able to submit on line. It had said to either call the IRS for a pin number or to use the AGI 2011 income amount. I typed in zero the number went through the process of trying to submit them on line. I received a email message saying my returns were rejected. I have gone back in today 3 times in trying to make the correction and submit on line. If this is a turbo tax problem, what do I need to do now. Is there a weekend toll free phone number I can call to talk to someone about this situation?
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Please refer to bkb1956 transcript with Susan W Ransom. She had asked me the code of the error from having to correct both returns on April 15, 2013. The code was IND-031. I really need to know what to do with this today. It is the last day to process my returns that have been corected.
Shane-CPA
Shane-CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hello...my name isXXXXX and I am a Certified Public Accountant. I would recommend at this point printing out both the Federal and State tax returns and mailing them in versus e-filing. Are you due a tax refund or do you owe taxes? If you are due a tax refund, it does not matter when you file your tax return because no penalty will be assessed on a refund due. You have up until 3 years to file a tax return late and still receive a tax refund.

If you have a balance due, I would send an explanation enclosed with the Federal and State tax returns on why you could not electronically file the tax return and include a check for full payment of the taxes due. I would also include a printout of the rejection of the e-filed tax return from Turbo Tax.

I hope this helps to answer your question. If I can provide you with any additional assistance, please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you.

If this answers your question to your complete satisfaction, then I thank you for allowing me to assist you and I look forward to helping you again in the near future. If you feel exceptional service was provided, bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you for using Just Answer and I hope you have a great evening!
Shane-CPA
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer

Hi

Different expert here. According to Turbo Tax getting an Electronic Filing PIN from the IRS is quick and easy, simply click here and go to this IRS website or call their automated number 1-866-704-7388.

The IRS will ask for information from last year's 2011 return so they can verify your identity. Once verified, you'll receive your 5-digit PIN so you can e-file your 2012 return.

Your assigned PIN, which cannot be changed, is valid only until e-filing shuts down in mid-October, so don't worry about writing it down for next year.

And finally – don't forget to also get a PIN for your spouse if you're filing a joint return!

This information, along with specific information re: what if this is my first time filing through Turbo tax, etc is from the following web site:

http://turbotax.intuit.com/support/iq/File-Electronically--current-year-/Get-Your-Electronic-Filing-PIN-from-the-IRS/GEN12249.html

Please note that you may electronically file up until Oct 15. Even if you owe money to the IRS, if you can obtain your pin # XXXXX Monday (and please don't talk to the same "expert" you got before who told you you can just enter a "0".....since you now know that that advice got you no where) Electronically filing, if you can obtain your pin # XXXXX Turbo Tax in the next few days, it would still be quicker to efile.

If you can't obtain the pin, then you will have to mail your return as the expert above stated.

I truly hope this information is helpful but please do not rate until you are satisfied. If you want to click on 1 or 2 just click on the continue to work with me button instead. You will then be able to add any other info or respond to what I have posted so far. Rating 3-5 gives me credit and a good rating but you can still converse with me.

As I did today I called that IRS# XXXXX and received the same reply, "Our records indicate that you do not need an electronic pin to submit your returns. Just enter "0" for my AGI with my return." I owe $1752 for both Federal and State. I also went to the IRS website and entered everythiing asked for and was given information that they could not access the information. This is why I am trying desperately to get this done today. Thank you. I really do appreciate your and Shane's assistance. I will try this 1 more time. If it still does not go through, I will have to mail all this information with copies of these email and rejection notices. Again thank you all.

Hi, Susan. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the problems which occurred with you and I not being able to view each other's responses yesterday which caused me to opt out of the question. I did some further research and determined that the error code you received is for an incorrect AGI amount being entered to file your return electronically. This AGI amount should have been the amount from your 2011 tax return (not 2012). Entering this amount verifies that you are who you say you are and allows the return to be electronically filed.

Best regards,

Barb

Hi! The amt. I entered was the AGI from 2011 not 2012. I checked the box that indicated I could not get an electronic filing code. I did everything possible to rectify this process and procedure. I have received a response from Turbo Tax that my returns were successful yesterday like I did on the 16th from Turbo Tax that the returns were transmitted successfully. I still have to call the Federal and State Income Offices to see whether or not they received my returns. This has been a horrible nightmare. I used Turbo Tax on 2011 and had no problem. I really am not sure whether I will use Turbo Tax next year. I am totally worn out. Again, I thank all of you for your assistance rendered.

I sincerely hope your returns are "accepted" and thank you for your patience with getting an answer. No need to reply to me unless you have any additional questions.
Shane-CPA
Shane-CPA