Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

if i am employed and self-employed, do i have to pay the self-employed

tax?...
if i am employed and self-employed, do i have to pay the self-employed tax?
4/14/2013
tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer
Hello, my namr is Michael, and I'll be happy to answer this question.

Yes, if you're a w-2 employee and self employed 1099 - schedule C employee you're responsible for paying social security on your net income.

If you have any additional questions on this topic please feel free to ask me and I'll follow-up asap.

Once you're fully satisfied with my answers please rate them so that I'm pd for my answers.

Thank you!

Can I deduct any of the social security paid by employer from my self-employment tax owed?

unfortunately not; self employed taxes are separate and apart from w-2 social security withholding's and not deductible

tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer
tax-doctor
tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer