How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tax-doctor Your Own Question
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 637
Experience:  Federal, State and local income tax preparation
Type Your Tax Question Here...
tax-doctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if i am employed and self-employed, do i have to pay the self-employed

This answer was rated:

if i am employed and self-employed, do i have to pay the self-employed tax?
Hello, my namr is Michael, and I'll be happy to answer this question.

Yes, if you're a w-2 employee and self employed 1099 - schedule C employee you're responsible for paying social security on your net income.

If you have any additional questions on this topic please feel free to ask me and I'll follow-up asap.

Once you're fully satisfied with my answers please rate them so that I'm pd for my answers.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can I deduct any of the social security paid by employer from my self-employment tax owed?

unfortunately not; self employed taxes are separate and apart from w-2 social security withholding's and not deductible

tax-doctor and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions