Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Hello, in California do we get tax deduction for rent paid

during the year? If yes...
Hello, in California do we get tax deduction for rent paid during the year? If yes then what's the % I can claim?
Thank you.
4/1/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com. If you have a business, you can deduct your rent for your business. However an individual can not deduct their rent. Please let me know if you know if you need anything additional. I"m truly sorry that you cannot deduct your personal rent. Please don't shoot the messenger! Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com and have a great day. ** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site. This answer is not financial or legal advice, and must not be used as such. For financial and legal advice, please contact a local Expert.* You should be aware that your question, as with most tax questions, can never really be answered completely...addressing all the permutations; that is because of the many assumptions that have to be made I have done my best to determine what I think you are asking and answering it in the most direct and understandable manner possible. If, however, after reviewing the questions, you have any uncertainties or further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.