Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

A HUSBAND AND WIFE LIVE IN PA & BOTH WORK IN DELAWARE & HAVE

DELAWARE TAX WITHHELD. CAN THEY...
A HUSBAND AND WIFE LIVE IN PA & BOTH WORK IN DELAWARE & HAVE DELAWARE TAX WITHHELD. CAN THEY FILE 2 MFS DELAWARE RETURNS, AS THIS WILL RESULT IN AN INCREASE IN THE COMBINED DELAWARE & PA NET REFUND?
4/1/2013
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
Delaware filing status may be different than federal filing status. Married persons may file joint, separate or combined separate Delaware tax returns even if they file a joint federal tax return.
Married Filing Combined Separate (MFCS) is only available for residents - that is actually two separate returns that are combined on the same form.
Separate tax returns are most beneficial if both spouses have adjusted gross income above $9400.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor