Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I own a small construction company that is a S-Corp. I pay

myself through payroll and receive...
I own a small construction company that is a S-Corp. I pay myself through payroll and receive a W-2 for this. I also make occasional draws from which I enter in the books as Owner's Draws.

How do I enter the payroll portion into the books? Would I enter it as employee wages with the rest of the employees' wages, or should I enter both, my payroll wages and Owner's Draws, as Owner's Draws?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2013
tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer

tax-doctor :

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to answer this question

Customer:

Hello Michael.

tax-doctor :

your w-2 wages are entered along with the rest of your employees and your draws are just that distributions which will be reconciled via k-1 at the end of your tax yr

Customer:

Great, thank you!

tax-doctor :

you're welcome!

tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer
tax-doctor
tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer