How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

this is for an arizona laywer to answer. i prefer someone with

Customer Question

this is for an arizona laywer to answer. i prefer someone with an accounting degree also . im a business owner ( sole prop ) in arizona. i also own commercial propery under an llc. i was offered a job with a mmj dispensary in az. if i take it, is it best to be an employee for them or a sub contractor, an get a 1099 ??
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi, can you put this question to a good accountant? seems no lawyers are answering me?
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hello Guy,

I will move this to Tax for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

There is no right answer to this question. If you are an employee, you will only pay the employee's portion of social security and medicare. If an employee you may be covered by a benefits package (health insurance, 401(k), etc.)

If you are an independent contractor you are responsible for 100% of the self employment taxes. Any benefits would be determined by you and would reduce the net amounts you receive.

It is also possible that you should be classified as employee regardless of your desire. I have attached a link to a checklist to assist in determining your proper status.