How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rramsook Your Own Question
rramsook, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 307
Experience:  Specialize in Individual,Corporate, and payroll tax matters.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
rramsook is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im trying to file my taxes, in 2011 my husband and I had a

This answer was rated:

I'm trying to file my taxes, in 2011 my husband and I had a HDHP, with an HSA savings acct. In January, of 2012 my husband lost his job, and we had to go on Cobra..(thats not
cheap), anyway, can I use the HSA deduction and the insurance deduction

Thank you very much...

rramsook :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

rramsook :

Yes you may take the HSA deduction and also deduction the medical insurance premium that you paid on SCH-A Itemized deductions.

rramsook and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you