How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you for your excellent past help. Hopefully this is

This answer was rated:

Thank you for your excellent past help. Hopefully this is an easier question. If I can show evidence that I paid into a flexible spending account but did not use all of the funds, and thus forfeited them, is there anyway I can write those funds off as a loss?
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

The amount contributed to your flex account was pre-tax. Any amounts unspent are lost. You did not include the amount in income originally thus you are not entitled to a deduction now.
MequonCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you