Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How to figure tax from a Tax Exempt bond fund owned 2+ years

? 1099-DIV column 11 "...
How to figure tax from a Tax Exempt bond fund owned 2+ years ?
1099-DIV column 11 " Specified Private Activity Bond Interest Dividends".

Also,
How to figure 1099-DIV 1b qualified dividends ?
3/2/2013
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent

Randalltax :

Thanks for your tax question.

Randalltax :

There is no federal tax on a Tax Exempt bond fund. There is state tax unless the fund or a portion of the fund is also exempt in your resident state.

Randalltax :

You should not need to figure Qualified Dividends. It should show on your 1099DIV form. If the box is blank, then you have no qualified dividends.

Randalltax :

Qualified Dividends is a subset of total dividends.

Randalltax :

In other words Box 1b is a portion of 1a.

Randalltax :

Private Activity Bonds (PABs in Box 11) is only used for computing the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) on Form 6251

Randalltax :

If you are not subject to AMT, then you will not use this number.

R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent