Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

hi, Im wondering, how much should I pay taxes if I make 22900$

Customer Question

hi, Im wondering, how much should I pay taxes if I make 22900$ per year. Im divorced.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com. If you make $22,900 per year and take the standard deduction and have no dependents, your tax will be $1,541. I calculated this by using the TaxCaster, available HERE.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com and have a great day.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site. This answer is not financial or legal advice, and must not be used as such. For financial and legal advice, please contact a local professional.*
You should be aware that your question, as with most tax questions, can never really be answered completely...addressing all the permutations; that is because of the many assumptions that have to be made I have done my best to determine what I think you are asking and answering it in the most direct and understandable manner possible. If, however, after reviewing the questions, you have any uncertainties or further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it cant be right, because I've paid $1700 or so,, and they told me I ow more than a thousand

Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your follow up. If you CLICK HERE you will go to the calculator. Is this regular W-2 income? Or did you earn self employment income. Perhaps some more information about your situation would make this easier to tell you more information about your tax liability.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yeah, regular W2 form. im regular employee.... thanks

Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for that information...I'm not certain why you are showing that you owe more tax. You should only owe $1,541.

Expert:  Megan C replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. Also if you ever need anything else in the future please Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer