How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15443
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been transferred to the USA on an L1 Visa and will make

Customer Question

I have been transferred to the USA on an L1 Visa and will make an income from the USA Company, which I will have to pay Tax on. In addition I earn other income which will be sent to me from abroad as a director of another company is that money also taxable
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 4 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
Until you become a Resident Alien (start counting days when you enter the US and at 183 days you will be resident) you will only be taxed in the US on your US sourced income.

Robin D :

When you become a resident alien, you are taxed like a US citizen and that means on your worldwide income. The fees will be taxable to you as a resident of the US.