How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tax-doctor Your Own Question
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 637
Experience:  Federal, State and local income tax preparation
Type Your Tax Question Here...
tax-doctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am turning 701/2 in six months. I do not need the money that

This answer was rated:

I am turning 701/2 in six months. I do not need the money that I am required to take. Is it better to withdraw the total and re-invest in a plan that prote ts the down side but still gives me the upside of the market, or should I take the minimum distribution and withdraw a small amount for five years to reduce the amount of the base to a smaller value, then withdraw it?

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to offer you some guidance.

You're required to take the minimum distribution otherwise you'll be subject to penalties.

Regarding which method would work best from you really would involve a detailed review of your overall financially situation by an expert.

If I may be of further assistance please ask ans I'll follow-up asap.

Only once you're fully satisfied should you rate my answer so that I'm pd for it.

Thank you!

tax-doctor and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you