Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

if i sale things on the internet do i have to charge a sale

tax?...
if i sale things on the internet do i have to charge a sale tax?
3/1/2013
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
That will depend on how the shipment is made. If a seller receives an order at a place of business in Texas, and the taxable goods or services are delivered to Texas customers by a third party supplier located outside of Texas, the seller must collect local sales tax based on the place of business where the order was received.
If a seller receives an order at a place of business in
Texas, and the taxable goods or services sold are delivered to the customer in Texas from the seller’s place of
business located outside of Texas or from the seller’s warehouse, distribution center or other location outside
Texas (even if it is not a place of business that takes orders), the seller must collect local use tax based on
where the product is delivered.

Robin D :

You would want to look over the following from the state of Texas and apply your exact situation:

Robin D :

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxpubs/tx94_105.pdf

Customer:

so the answer is yes

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4