How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie B. Your Own Question
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B., Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 556
Experience:  MTax, EA, QuickBooks Proadvisor. Over 15 years accounting and tax experience specializing in individual and small business.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephanie B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am self employed. Filed my taxes under the turbotax

Customer Question

I am self employed. Filed my taxes under the turbotax business dvd...did it take out enough social security tax for me?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephanie B. replied 4 years ago.
Stephanie B. :

Thank you for your question.

In order to determine if your SE tax is accurate, you take the net profit from your Schedule C on line 31 and multiply that number by 92.35%. Take that number by 13.3% and that is the SE tax that should be reported on line 56 of your 1040.

Stephanie B. :

If you need additional clarification, please let me know.

I look forward to your response.


JACUSTOMER-n3ud3u3h- :

I will get my returns and get check...thanks

Stephanie B. :

You are very welcome!