How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2010 I took the advantage of the Roth IRA income exemption

This answer was rated:

In 2010 I took the advantage of the Roth IRA income exemption to create a ROTH. The tax is payable 50% in 2011 and 50% in 2012. The trouble is that the 2012 income is triggering an AMT? Is that correct? Is this income subject to the AMT, like anything else or can I deduct it?
Hi Kenneth and welcome to JustAnswer:

The income from conversion is ordinary income and cannot be excluded for AMT purposes. For whatever reason, income in excess of the AMT exclusion, higher itemized deductions for taxes, etc. you may be subject to AMT.
MequonCPA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you