How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask R. Klein, EA Your Own Question
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3375
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
R. Klein, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seeking a lawyer that has! The Vermont tax department

Customer Question

I am seeking a lawyer that has balls! The Vermont tax department has a) put a lien on my property for taxes NOT owed, but they claim they are b) issued a collection company after me for inc tax supposedly owed for 2011 although they will not qualify or justify numbers to support their claim, c) refuses to offset my property taxes (although a resident w/NO income) since 2010, AND depending on the time of day, THEY decide whether or not I am a resident or am not a resident, and send penalty letters to me! 2010 tax bill was paid in full by due date citing "this is the only bill you will receive" (as a NON resident in their eyes). Then one mo. later, I receive a second "revised" bill citing (with $ penalties), that I am a resident but now need to pay all the penalties because it is after the date originally due. Much MUCH more that they are doing to me besides this note worth. Looking for a lawyer that will take my case against the tax department, AND sue for harassment, legal fees, and mental anguish.
I am sickened with this and what THEY have done to me!
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  R. Klein, EA replied 4 years ago.
We understand that you are mad as he!! and you aren't going to take it anymore.
However, this website we are prohibited from providing specific references for legal help, and an attorney cannot accept your case through the website.
You will need to find and hire an attorney directly. Our website is limited to providing general advice and not specific services of representation.
You can try your state Bar Association or a referral service in your area, but I'm afraid that we are not going to be much help.
I ask that you refrain from providing a negative rating, as we are trying to help you understand what to expect from our website, rather than let your question linger unanswered.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

With all due respect, for this I paid $38.00 + another automatic $48.00 !! Not exactly what the "Justanswer" site depicts as happening.

Mad as hell is an understatement.

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away with your Tax issue, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello Lindie ~

Not surprising that the "expert" has left the conversation. I waited and waited for a response - NOTHING. Kindly cancel this......COMPLETELY.