How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tax-doctor Your Own Question
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 637
Experience:  Federal, State and local income tax preparation
Type Your Tax Question Here...
tax-doctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex wife wanted to buy a manufactured home but had no credit.

This answer was rated:

My ex wife wanted to buy a manufactured home but had no credit. I am listed as the owner by the mortgage company. I send payments in each month, and my ex sends me a check for that amount. If I claim the mortgage interest changes on my tax return, do I have to count the amount she sends me for the monthly payment as rental income?

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i'm the tax-doctor.

yes, you'd need to file 1040 sch E and treat monthly payments as rental income in order to write-off interest, property taxes, repairs etc...

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX you require further assistance with this question please ask and i'll follow-up.

once fully satisfied with my answer please rate it so that i'm pd for my answer.

thank you!

tax-doctor and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you