Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am a 61 yr old single disabled female i worked 2.3 months

and collected 5000.00 unemployment (no...
I am a 61 yr old single disabled female i worked 2.3 months and collected 5000.00 unemployment (no taxes taken out) 2200 social security is there anything i can do to get a refund no dependents
1/21/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Thank you for your question, and thanks for using JustAnswer.com. While the situation as you describe is that no tax will be due (if the only income you have is what you have stated), if you worked a job and had income you could qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit. You do mention working a job for a couple of months...

Per the IRS (CLICK HERE), To claim EITC on your tax return, you must meet allthe following rules:

You mention that you worked for 2.3 months during the year, but I do not see your income listed. Your refund will depend on how much you had withheld from your wages to pay taxes and how much of an earned income tax credit you are eligible for.

You can CLICK HERE for a calculator that will calculate your earned income tax credit.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com and have a happy, and safe, 2013.

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site*
You should be aware that your question, as with most tax questions, can never really be answered completely...addressing all the permutations; that is because of the many assumptions that have to be made I have done my best to determine what I think you are asking and answering it in the most direct and understandable manner possible. If, however, after reviewing the questions, you have any uncertainties or further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to help you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you in this matter. Also if you ever need anything else in the future please Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question Thanks again for being a JustAnswer customer