How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im going to retire June 30, 2013. If I make 5200.00 per month

This answer was rated:

I'm going to retire June 30, 2013. If I make 5200.00 per month how much will I pay per month in income taxes (that come directly out of my check). I live in California


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
Your withholding will be based on how you prepare form W4P -
That form is similar to W4 form that you provided to your employer and will indicate to your retirement administrator how to withheld income taxes.
Thus - normally you would file W4P form as Single with TWO allowances.
Assuming monthly gross pension $5200 - your estimated withholding would be
federal income tax - $762
California income tax $260
Net pay $4178

Lev and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions