Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

In order to file 2011 tax return must you also file the state

at the same time?...
In order to file 2011 tax return must you also file the state at the same time?
1/3/2013
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Thanks for asking your question! I'm sorry to hear about your tax issue and I'm going to try my best to help you understand or resolve it.

Thank you for your question. I understand that you wish to file your 2011 federal income tax return, and are curious if you need to file your state income tax return at the same time.

You do not HAVE to file your state return at the same time, but it is wise. The IRS and states share information, so if you file your federal return, you'd better believe that eventually Arkansas would be looking for their return too. So, get your tax returns done as soon as possible, although you don't have to actually file both of them at the same time. Please let me know if you need anything additional. Have a happy New Years

** Please take a moment to rate my response as "Excellent" so that I may be compensated for assisting you today. Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter. If you have difficulties rating, then simply respond stating that you are having difficulties rating and thank me for my excellent, good, or ok service and we can get the rating applied by the site*
You should be aware that your question, as with most tax questions, can never really be answered completely...addressing all the permutations; that is because of the many assumptions that have to be made I have done my best to determine what I think you are asking and answering it in the most direct and understandable manner possible. If, however, after reviewing the questions, you have any uncertainties or further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you for the positive rating. Please remember me the next time you have a question. Simply enter "MyVirtualCPA" in the subject of your question, and it will be routed directly to me. Thank you again for using JustAnswer