Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can a C Corp put aside a capital reserve fund which is non

taxable?...
Can a C Corp put aside a capital reserve fund which is non taxable?
1/2/2013
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Unfortunately, it cannot. This is reserved for tax exempt entities such as charities. A C Corporation must pay taxes on its income. Thus, any amount set aside as a reserve will need to be derived from income (taxed) or borrowings (not taxed although the money to repay the loan will need to come from taxable earnings) and any income earned within the fund will be taxed as well.

CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA
CGCPA
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA