Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

When calculating and reporting employees wages, is it based

When calculating and reporting employee's...
When calculating and reporting employee's wages, is it based on when the wages are earned or the actual pay date?
1/2/2013
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

I assume that you are asking about calculating and reporting wages on your state and Federal employment and unemployment tax forms. If this is an incorrect assumption, please let me know.

For employment and unemployment tax reporting, you will base the calculations on when wages are paid. For example wages that were earned in 12/12 that were paid in 1/13 will be reported on the first quarter 2013 payroll rather than the fourth quarter 2012 payroll.

If there are other questions, please reply to this answer so that I may assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent so that I may be paid for assisting you. Thanks for your business.
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent